Club Biscotte Club Index du Forum Club Biscotte Club
Forum réservé aux membres du Club BiscotteExclusive Forum for members of Biscotte Club

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

that is the overhauled offensive

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Club Biscotte Club Index du Forum -> Amis de Biscotte * Biscotte's friends -> Écrivez vos commentaires ici :-) Leave your comments here !!
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zhangzk

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Sep - 21:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: that is the overhauled offensive Répondre en citant

Darrelle Revis officially shut down his dominant playing career by signing one final contract. The seven-time Pro Bowl cornerback who routinely frustrated opposing receivers with his blanket-like coverage officially retired Tuesday as a member of the New York Jets – the team with which Revis spent eight of his 11 NFL seasons.
The 33-year-old Revis inked a one-day deal with the Jets at a ceremonial news conference at the team’s facility after he announced last Thursday on social media that he was done playing.
Former teammates Jake Muzzin Jersey , including D’Brickashaw Ferguson, and several current players attended, along with owner Christopher Johnson, general manager Mike Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles.
”It’s been amazing,” Revis said of his career. ”My work ethic and my study habits I feel propelled me to strive to be one of the greatest. It took a lot of work, week in and week out, to prepare and play at the highest level and covering some of the toughest receivers in the world.”
He was known for his uncanny ability to shut down receivers and the nickname ”Revis Island” grew in popularity as receivers were routinely left ”stranded” without being much of a factor in games because of the cornerback’s airtight coverage.
In a clever nod to the nickname, the Jets set up a makeshift ”island” outside of the facility’s main entrance, complete with sand dunes and three small palm trees and had Revis pose in front of it for photos.
The team also issued green lapel pins that read ”REVIS ISLAND” at the top with the Jets logo on the bottom and Revis’ familiar No. 24 featured in the middle in front of a small island.
”As I look at it now and as I take some time to really assess what I’ve done and what really happened, it’s amazing, it’s amazing,” Revis said. ”You leave a legacy behind that players can follow, they can mimic and they can study your film, too.”
Revis also gained notoriety for his business savvy at the bargaining table and made more than $120 million during his career.
He had several contract squabbles during his time with the Jets after being the No. 14 overall pick in 2007 out of Pittsburgh, including a lengthy holdout that was documented on HBO’s ”Hard Knocks” in 2010. Led by then-agents Jon Feinsod and Neil Schwartz Nate Thompson Jersey , mother Diana Gilbert and uncle Sean Gilbert, a former NFL defensive tackle, Team Revis was a force to be reckoned with.
After contentious contract negotiations in 2013, Revis was dealt to Tampa Bay for first- and fourth-round draft picks. He was a member of the Buccaneers for just one season before being released and signing with New England as a free agent – and winning the Super Bowl with the Jets’ biggest rival.
Revis became a free agent again, and returned home to the Jets by signing a five-year, $70 million contract, including $39 million guaranteed in 2015. After a solid first season back, Revis struggled with injuries and consistency in 2016 and was released. He finished up his career by playing in five games for Kansas City last season.
”I would’ve loved to play my whole career here and wear the green and white until I actually retired,” Revis said. ”Things happen. Team acquisitions come in and there’s a different direction a team may want to go. You know, it happens. It really does, and that’s kind of how I can sum that up.”
Revis finished with 29 career interceptions, and returned three for touchdowns, including one for 100 yards against Miami in 2011. He was a four-time first-team All-Pro selection, including in what was his most dominant season in 2009, when he was beaten out by Charles Woodson for Defensive Player of the Year honors.
That was a rare time Revis lost out to anyone in his prime Womens Tom Pyatt Jersey , especially that season. Randy Moss – whom Revis acknowledged was the toughest he ever covered – Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne all struggled against the Jets star.
”His dominance at the cornerback position is legendary,” Christopher Johnson said of Revis. ”Forget giving up the catch. We were all shocked when quarterbacks would dare to attempt a pass in his direction.”
Revis wouldn’t reveal specifically on what the future holds for him, but acknowledged that staying around the game in some capacity is likely – perhaps in a coaching role somewhere.
”It’s a love, it’s a passion for me,” Revis said of football. ”I’m surely going to miss it. … I’ll weigh my options and see.”
A trip to Canton, Ohio, and induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame could also be on the agenda in the next five years or so.
”I accomplished a lot in my career and the assignments that I had to face during my career takes a lot of toll on your body, week in and week out,” Revis said of why he chose to retire now. ”Every day my purpose was not to just be the best at my position, but to be the best player on the field. That was my motivation.
”I came out to practice and tried to set a tone, and game day, I tried to set a tone.”

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys had another efficient preseason showing.
Andy Dalton bogged down a bit with his Cincinnati Bengals.
Prescott led a pair of scoring drives in three possessions Patrick Kane Jersey , capped by a scrambling 6-yard scoring pass to Terrance Williams, before the Bengals rallied after halftime for a 21-13 exhibition victory Saturday night.
The Bengals had just two first downs in three Dalton-led possessions a week after he threw for two touchdowns with an offense that was revamped after finishing last in the NFL. One of the first downs was on Dalton’s 13-yard scramble after the Bengals (2-0) started with a pair of three-and-outs.
A week after throwing a 30-yard touchdown to rookie Michael Gallup on his only drive of the preseason opener in San Francisco, Prescott was 10 of 15 for 86 yards. The TD drive for a 10-0 lead was kept alive by an 8-yard slant to Gallup, who reached out for a nice catch inside the Cincinnati 10.
The concern for the Cowboys (0-2) was the status of four-time Pro Bowl guard Zack Martin, who left early on what would have been his last drive with a knee injury.
Owner Jerry Jones said an MRI was planned Sunday and he was optimistic about the outcome. Martin was injured when he bent down to block cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick in the open field on a run by Rod Smith. Martin was on the sideline in street clothes late in the game.
“I just want to say we’ve got more to gain from (the MRI), but from what we’ve seen, I’ll sleep good tonight on Martin,” Jones said.
Dalton finished 5 of 7 for 41 yards, with his final drive stalling near midfield.
On Cincinnati’s first offensive play after Dalton left, Dallas defensive end Taco Charlton forced a fumble on a short completion to Tyler Boyd, with cornerback Byron Jones getting the recovery.
“We’ve got things we can work on, attacking the football, throwing balls down the field,” coach Marvin Lewis said. “We had opportunities. We just missed the timing of it and we’ve got to be better at those things.”
The Cowboys forced two turnovers after getting three against the 49ers. The highlight was Chidobe Awuzie’s leaping interception , which he tipped to himself along the sideline late in the first half.
Cincinnati’s first points came on backup kicker Jonathan Brown’s 55-yard field goal in the third quarter.
The Bengals went ahead 11-10 when Tra Carson scored on a 2-yard run and Jeff Driskel threw a 2-point conversion pass to John Ross. Matt Barkley’s 3-yard touchdown pass to Brian Hill wrapped up the scoring midway through the fourth quarter.
LONG TIME COMING
Dallas defensive end Randy Gregory played for the first time since the finale of the 2016 regular season. He missed all of last season after getting suspended three times in 2016 for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy. Gregory didn’t show up in the defensive stats but pressured Dalton on a third-down misfire to an open A.J. Green on Cincinnati’s opening possession.
TALE OF TWO WORKLOADS
With star running back Ezekiel Elliott sitting again for Dallas Alex DeBrincat Jersey , Smith had 13 carries in the first 18 minutes, finishing with 49 yards. His workload was helped by a nearly nine-minute drive to Williams’ touchdown. Bengals starter Joe Mixon got just four carries for 8 yards.
O-LINE OVERHAUL
The work in progress that is the overhauled offensive line for the Bengals remains that way, this time after fired line coach Paul Alexander was watching from the opposing sideline after getting hired by Dallas. Cedric Ogbuehi was at right tackle to start the second half when gave up a sack to Charlton while getting called for holding. Cincinnati running backs had just 7 yards on six carries before halftime.
NATIONAL ANTHEM
The Cowboys were standing for the national anthem in the first preseason home game, “toe on the line” as owner Jerry Jones declared they would be in his opening remarks at training camp last month. The Dallas players, with some coaches sprinkled in, were single file on the sideline, spanning about 50 yards. As usual, all the Bengals were standing.
INJURY REPORT
Bengals: Rookie CB Davontae Harris was ruled out with a knee injury in the first half. … TE C.J. Uzomah sustained a cut to his face early in the game, but came back with a 23-yard catch in the first half.
Cowboys: S Xavier Woods left with a hamstring injury. … Rookie RB Bo Scarbrough, a seventh-round pick out of Alabama, went to the locker room with a hip injury. … DE Datone Jones and S Jameill Showers left with knee injuries.
UP NEXT
For “dress rehearsal” week, the Bengals will be at Buffalo and the Cowboys will be home against Arizona. Both games are next Sunday.
Minnesota Vikings Customized Jerseys

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Sep - 21:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Club Biscotte Club Index du Forum -> Amis de Biscotte * Biscotte's friends -> Écrivez vos commentaires ici :-) Leave your comments here !!
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation